Thursday, February 18, 2010

Blog# 9 (Assumptions About Love)

Although this was from last weeks reading, I didn't post that blog and I really wanted to talk about the assumptions we read about love. I actually agree with the first two, as I can see how the last two are just assumptions. As a young adult I have been trying to sort out my own personal meaning of 'true love' and I have to question whether we as humans, but more importantly as mammals, are really supposed to be with just one person for the entirety of or lives. Does the lord really want us to be monogamous? I believe love is an ability, something we create and choose to work at or we let it go. Commonly you hear some people say, "Well I just don't FEEL in love anymore." But thats just it, love is not a feeling; love feels good at times, and at others, it hurts. Love only goes as far as a person allows it to. If you contain the ability to love unconditionally, without reason or doubt, you willl prove assumption number one, "Love conquers all."  

No comments:

Post a Comment