Thursday, February 18, 2010

Blog #10 (Prompt)


Reflecting on the role of technology in my life and American culture at large I can't help but think about how hard my everyday life would be without the technologies we have today. So many things count as technology when you really think about it. From the telephone, to television, to computers, and cars, calculators, to even a mechanical pencil. Even a simple ball point pen is technology that I simply couldn't live everyday life as I know it, without. I use technology in every aspect of my life, from the refrigerator that keeps my food fresh, to the toothbrush I use on my teeth every morning and night. Basically the world as we know it revolves completely and utterly around technology. If for some reason, one day everyone woke up and no phones worked, all cars were broken, computers down, refrigerators not running, no ovens, microwaves or calculators, not even a ball point pen that worked, chaos would rain havoc over the streets. The contemporary world would no longer exist.   

No comments:

Post a Comment