Thursday, January 21, 2010

Prompt#2

An entertainment experience in which a friend shared with  me, was a story about how she had gone shopping with her sister-in-law and her baby girl. My friend revealed to me that she had stolen a shirt and slipped it into her sister-in-law's stroller, and didn't tell her until after they left the store. At that moment I became furious as she began to laugh. Our responses were completely different, even though she was my best friend at the time, I did not find what she did funny at all. I believe because she has had nearly everything handed to her without cost, and her pure lack of experience, and disregard to consequence, is all a result of her upbringing and social conditioning. I, on the other hand have been caught shoplifting, and know that the consequences to that action is not worth the risk; yet alone putting someone else, and their child, in jeopardy as well. Our two opinions differentiate for numerous reasons, but mostly because of our moral values and ethics. Something I watch on t.v. may be hilarious to me, but completely vulgar, and not entertaining what-so-ever, to grandma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment