Thursday, January 21, 2010

Blog#1 (Entertainment)

We all find ourselves, at one point or another, looking for some sense of entertainment. Whether in the form of a movie, magazine, joke, book, television, internet, board game, whatever; we all partake in some form of entertaining ourselves. While reading this piece a number of thoughts came to mind. The one that came to me first was, the fact that I find myself watching these pointless, aggravating reality t.v. shows. I don't like them, necessarily, and generally get angry that people so stupid are on t.v., but I actually continue to watch. There is something drawing about everyday average people getting a shot on t.v. that keeps me tuned in. As I continued with the reading, and it began talking about Britney Spears, I couldn't help but to feel compassion for her and these entertainers who have grown up living in a spotlight; never to experience a real childhood. They may have riches, but they were robbed of something that can never be returned, and for that I am sympathetic. In all I enjoyed the reading, it was an eye opener towards my choices of entertainment, and I may be choosing different sources now than I would before.

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on your posts this week, Michelle. Make sure that you spend a sentence or two summarizing the article you're responding to on the Reading Responses (so that I know which reading you chose to talk about).

    ReplyDelete